Monday, October 8, 2007

Round in a Flat World

This assignment was REALLY hard and challenging for me. I don't use new technology a lot and I didn't have a lot of the needed programs/expertise to quickly and easily do this assignment. I think it's interesting that most middle and high school students could probably pop something like this out in 30 minutes, but it took me MUCH longer. I think that part of being a teacher in the flat world is realizing that students may know more that us in certain situations. Peer teaching and group work is probably going to become even more important as technology continues to rapidly change. Anyway, my slideshow is simple but I'm very proud of it because I figured it all out by myself. Despite my technological limitations, it appears that there's hope for me in the flat world after all.

4 comments:

Prof. Bachenheimer said...

Way to go! Nice job on the video production wise, but more importantly, you bring out some awesome ideas to ponder (and change!)

Also, good for you for working through a task that wasn't easy-- modeling life-long learning!

mrsasso said...

Nice job! I am impressed because I am having trouble with this part as well.

Hillary said...

Congratulations! I got as far as powerpoint but I don't know how to move beyond it.

Mary Ehid said...

Good for you, I couldn't figure out how to post it to my blog. Looks good.